We recently caught up with striker Mark Beck on a variety of topics, from favourite films to thoughts on VAR…
Best advice received
– Never give up.
Best thing a Manager has ever said to you
– That I am unplayable on my day.
One film you would take to the Moon with you
If you could have been born in a different era, what would it have been?
Probably the 70’s, football was a bit slower back then, I might have been fast!
Most memorable match
– My debut for Carlisle coming on against Charlton, they won 1-0 and got promoted to the Chamionship, The atmosphere was great, I remember thinking this is a proper game!
Bigest change in football since you started playing
– The standard. You’ve now got huge teams competing in League One with some really good players and that has a knock on affect to our level with quality players coming down.
Thoughts on the new handball rule?
– Very, very harsh, unless you mean it or it’s blatant then it shouldn’t be a foul.
Do you think VAR will benefit the game?
– I do actually, I think it will sort some big issues out and lead to correct decisions.
Any plans for when your playing career ends?
– Maybe stay in football, I’m not fully sure yet.
Mark is sponsored by Tony Brennan Carpets (Premier), NL Bible1 (Home), and Summer Springgay (Boots).
Find out how you can sponsor a player through the below link