Established in 2019 Harrogate Town AFC Walking Football Club compete in the National Premier League in 50’s and 60’s categories and other Cup Competitions across the North of England.
The Club is affiliated to Harrogate Town AFC and uses the facilities at the CNG Stadium to train and play matches. There are also social opportunities to join the club and play in friendlies, meeting new people and learning new skills.
For the 2020 season we would like to better equip ourselves as a club by recruiting a number of volunteers to assist us with operations. A list of these positions can be seen below with a brief explanation of duties.
50’s Team Manager
– To take responsibility for the 50’s team while they play in competitions across the North of England, including the National Premier League. This individual does not have to play within the team. Duties include selection and conveying tactics and leadership within games.
50’s Assistant Manager
– To assist the Team Manager with all duties. Taking responsibility if the Team Manager is unavailable.
60’s Team Manager
- To take responsibility for the 60’s team while they play in competitions across the North of England, including the National Premier League. This individual does not have to play within the team. Duties include selection and conveying tactics and leadership within games.
60’s Assistant Manager
- To assist the Team Manager with all duties. Taking responsibility if the Team Manager is unavailable.
Social Team Manager
– Organising and creating opportunities for all members of the club to participate in friendly fixtures. This will be gathering availability for any social/friendly matches.
Coaches for Training sessions x 3
– We need to prepare for matches (especially in the League) with training sessions that involve the team that will be playing together at the weekend. We are looking for 3 x volunteer coaches that can work together to set up drills and relevant practices in preparation for the any fixture we may have.
Kit Manager / Organiser
– This individual will be actively taking kit orders for leisurewear/club wear but also ordering any addition items or bespoke shirts for new members. This will be the go to person for any kit/equipment related questions.
– The main contact for club fixtures, this role involves completing a calendar of fixtures and also planning friendlies, communicating with the League and other clubs.
– Handling any money that is taken at training sessions or any activity that involves payments.
– Fostering the team spirit and welcoming new members, the Social Secretary will be key in creating events and opportunities for players to be social together.
– Our Pitchero website is just being completed, we require an administrator to regularly update this and gather content to make sure all members are fully informed about fixtures, training and events.
Skills and qualities needed for the role:
All these roles are voluntary, but do require individuals that represent the values of Harrogate Town AFC Community Foundation.
– we do will be open and transparent in everything we do
– we will work hard to achieve our aims and objectives
– we will be inclusive to all people
– we will be free from bias or favouritism
– we will give 100% to everything we do
We would love to hear from anyone interested in these voluntary positions. To ask a question or to get more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note not all positions require an in depth knowledge of football or physical endeavour.
All interested individuals will be invited to a special end of season awards / preview of next season where you will meet everyone involved and sign up officially as a volunteer. This will be taking place on Thursday 19th December, 2019.