Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Town 2 Kidderminster 2

5 December 2017

A goal apiece in second half injury time saw both Town and Kiddeminster come away with a point following a grandstand finish at The CNG Stadium.

After Jordan Thewlis had struck the post earlier in the half, Terry Kennedy headed Town into the lead on the stroke of half time; his fifth goal of the season.
The lead was cancelled out midway through the second half though as Joe Ironside finished off a clinical Harriers' counter attack with his head.
Simon Ainge's powerful 90th minute header looked to have won it for Town, though Ironside curled into the top left corner from just inside the box to steal a point for his side.
Simon Weaver made two changes from Saturday as Simon Ainge made his first start since August, while Bradford City loanee Ellis Hudson made his first start.
Both sides made fast starts to the contest and shared four shots in the opening five minutes, though it was in the ninth minute that the evening's first chance arrived as Ainge's finish was hooked off the line.
George Thomson was next to go close, in controversial fashion as his shot trickled wide of the post while James McQuilkin was down injured.
McQuilkin soon recovered and tested the gloves of James Belshaw with a long range effort that the Harrogate stopper did well to tip over after half an hour.
Ten minutes before the break Jordan Thewlis went closest out of anyone to breaking the deadlock as he raced on to a flick on, but saw his finish clip the outside of the post and go behind.
Town took the lead on the stroke of half time as Josh Falkingham's long free kick into the area was cleared up rather than out, allowing Kennedy to head the ball into the corner when it eventually came back down.
Warren Burrell's header from Thomson's corner almost made it two shortly after the restart, but the defenders effort was cleared from the line before Belshaw kept out Sam Austin's drive.
Declan Weeks almost produced a spectacular in the 64th minute as he attempted to lob Belshaw from around the half way mark after the keeper had rushed out of goal to clear his lines, but was unlucky to only connect with the cross bar.
Harriers then hit Town with a quick counter attack down the right that ended with Ironside heading home a perfectly placed cross from close range.
Weaver introduced on loan Guiseley striker Frank Mulhern with a quarter of an hour to go, and the frontman almost made a difference when closing down a short back pass and almost forcing the ball in.
It looked as though Ainge had won the game for Town in the 90th minute as the frontman rose highest to convert a typically powerful header at the back post from Falkingham's free kick, though there was more late drama to come.
In the final minute of injury time Ironside managed to curl into the top left corner to steal a point for his side; a point that takes Town back above Brackley into second place.
Town: Belshaw, Vann, Parker (Swain 76), Falkingham, Kennedy, Burrell, Thomson, Agnew, Ainge, Thewlis (Mulhern 71), Hudson
Subs not used: O'Hanlon, Cracknell, Barr
Goals: Kennedy 45, Ainge 90

Booked: Falkingham, Agnew
Kidderminster: Hall, Williams (Taylor 50), Austin, Croasdale, Horsfall, O'Connor, Weeks (64 Sonupe), McQuilkin, Ironside, Ngwatala (Klukowski 78), Brown
Subs not used: Wright, Truslove
Goals: Ironside 68, 90+4
Referee: B Lamb

Attendance: 854

Advertisement block

iFollow Next Match Tickets Account