Harrogate Town AFC are looking to appoint a new Club Doctor with the role starting ASAP.The successful applicant will provide matchday cover throughout the season for all first team home matches at the EnviroVent Stadium (predominantly Saturday afternoons and Tuesday evenings) and dependent on the need, be available for midweek input when necessary, for assessment, triage and case discussions with the club's Head of Medical. (If you are unable to attend any fixture you will need to assist in arranging alternative cover by qualified medical personnel.)
It is hoped that the suitable candidate can be part of a long-term plan to drive the medical provision at the club to the highest of standards.
To assist the Head of Medical in the decision making and management of all medical issues including where necessary onward referral for any investigations, consultations and treatments.
- To provide emergency match day medical cover for players and officials during first team home matches.
- To assist with diagnosis and treatment of injuries.
- Communicate and report as required to other medical and football staff.
- Incorporate latest evidence based clinical and scientific research into high level care.
- To assist in the development and implementation of best medical practice protocols, including the Clubs Emergency Action Plans.
- To maintain CPD as required and dictated by the Sports Governing Bodies, Football League and Football Association.
- To understand and comply with the FA Anti-Doping Regulations and WADA List of Prohibited Substances & Methods.
- Maintain accurate records of any medical interactions with players and staff.
- A registered Medical Practitioner with the GMC.
- FA Level 5 ATMMiF qualification. (or equivalent) *
- Excellent knowledge of sports and exercise medicine and strong clinical assessment skills.
- Understand the needs and requirements of a football squad.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Display a high level of understanding and experience of confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills and the ability to apply these in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate a strong desire to deliver an excellent service, working with and leading others to achieve this.
- Display proactive approaches to escalating potential issues of concern.
- Flexible with regards to working hours to support the role, occasionally with short notice.
- Loyal and committed.
- Positive, enthusiastic and able to work at own initiative.
o Intermediate Medical Management on the Field of Play (IMMOFP)
o Medical Cardiac & Pitch Side Skills (SCRUMCAPS)
o Emergency Medical Management in Individual Team Sports (EMMiTS)
o Standard Principals of Resuscitation & Trauma in Sports (SPORTS)
N.B. If the successful applicant does not have the ATTMiF Certificate (or equivalent) on application for this post, but they are willing to complete at the earliest possible opportunity, then this can be arranged at the cost of the club.
- Diploma in Sports Medicine (or equivalent high professional qualification).
- Experience within the football industry, preferably at first team level or within another high performing sport.