Combining Sports Studies with Elite Standard Football.
We are proud to offer the opportunity to Play, Train and Learn alongside Harrogate Town and Virtual Learning UK. Aimed at students aged 16-18, our education programme provides a BTEC qualification as well as the chance to train like a professional footballer every day.
Your studies will equip you for a possible sports career and provide you with the potential to apply to a range of Universities. We incorporate our BTEC programme with regular football training sessions coached by UEFA B qualified coaches as well as playing in competitive football fixtures in both the ‘Youth Alliance’ and ‘AoC College’ leagues. This programme can lead directly into a Degree in a sports related subject such as a BSc (Hons) in Physical Education, or provide the platform to go straight into the football industry.
For more information about the courses offered, including Extended Diploma in Sports Coaching & Development and
Sports & Exercise Science (Coaching Science), download our brochure below...
In February 2020 we announced an exciting new partnership with education provider VLUK.
VLUK works with leading professional/semi-professional sports clubs and coaching organisations throughout the United Kingdom to deliver education in the heart of the professional sporting environment. Lead by senior education professionals & consultants, VLUK provide a range of services to the education sector, designed to compliment existing provision.
First-Team Manager Simon Weaver commented: "Our Youth Alliance programme strengthens our commitment to the development of young footballers across Harrogate and District. The programme is so important to everyone at the football club, not simply as a way of producing exciting young footballers, but as a way of placing our club firmly at the heart of our community."
Club Captain and Head of BTEC Recruitment Josh Falkingham added - "I have personal experience of the course that we offer, when I took up a similar football scholarship at Leeds United 12 years ago. The educational programme allows students to progress into our youth development sides. We have u17s and u19s teams that enable players to progress their footballing careers and work
towards achieving the ultimate goal of earning a first team professional contract!"
Currently playing grassroots football? Think you could make the grade as a professional?
If you are currently aged 15/16 we would love to hear from you!
Our U19 Youth Alliance programme provides...
This is delivered along side an outstanding Education programme which provides a route into full time employment in the football and sports industry, or into Higher Education.
- Opportunities for male and females to train every day with UEFA qualified coaches
- The chance to be part of an FA Youth Cup squad and compete in a league programme
- Regular competition against high-quality opposition
- The chance to compete at the highest level and train alongside our full-time professional players.
The Harrogate Town Youth Alliance allows you the time you need to develop and progress.
- Improve your fitness, game understanding and technical ability
- Train 4 days per week (2 hours sessions) along side your education programme with a dedicated timetable 09:00 - 15:30 Monday to Friday.
- Play in a full weekday and weekend elite games programme.
- Continue your professional development in the football Industry, without sacrificing your full time practical development.
- Strength & conditioning coaching
- Access sessions delivered by Pro License & A License coaching staff.
- Study a range of Btec Level 2 & 3 Qualifications as well as FA Coaching Qualifications
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY click here
Find our about our current U19 Youth Alliance Team via the below link...